Friday, June 4, 2010

Geneve

I LOVE Geneva... Ever since I first arrived I have had a special spot in my heart for the "big village". This blog is therefore dedicated to her.


These are a few of my favorite things:

The Jet D'eau
The Saint Pierre Cathedral
Free Bike Rentals (which I still need to try)
The ever changing flags on the Bridge
Lake Geneva
Trains
Proximity to EVERYTHING
Sailboats
The "E" bus
Old town
Biking
Flowers
The English Garden
Window shopping (since I can't go in some stores without a trust fund)
French
Stripes
Scarves
Right after Vesenaz on the bus when you can see the lake and Jet D'eau
The Fish in Nyon
It stays light outside till past 10pm

Also, I am proud to say that I have finally had a few all french conversations. One with another aupair (I think) in Anieres and one with a creepy guy on the bus. Both were somewhat successful. I continue to learn French in my class and am actually starting to understand most of what the teacher is saying. Although I must admit most of it I had either taught myself or learned in the states so I am a bit worried for when we get to things I don't already know.

So now that I have named some things that I like about Geneva here are some things I don't like about it:

People here seem very closed, it's a bit difficult talking to locals because they are so private
Store hours; they close around 6 or 7 everyday and aren't open on Sundays. This is actually a good thing for me since it means I don't spend as much money
If I miss the bus I have to wait between 20 - 40 minutes for a new one
It's SO expensive. Seriously Starbucks drinks between 7 - 10 Francs
Everyone has a lot of money, and dresses really well

That's pretty much it. Not to much I don't like and a lot that I LOVE. I am so fortunate to live in such a beautiful place.

3 comments:

  1. Because I haven't been there yet... But it's on my list of places to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally had some time to see what you have been up to. Sounds like things are going well. I'm sure this will be a treasured time in your life and something you will not regret! So many new places to see and things to do and experience. I think it's fantastic! Have a wonderful time!
    Terri Fox

    ReplyDelete