Friday, August 27, 2010

Barcelona

After a relatively cold week in Geneva 3 of my friends and I embarked on a 3 day weekend trip to Barcelona! We hopped on an Easyjet flight Friday night and were in Barcelona in a couple of hours. First thing we did was go to our hostel, sign in and meet our fellow "flat-mates" for the weekend. It was a bunch of guys from England touring Europe on holiday. They told us about a club crawl that the hostel hosted. It was free so we decided to go. Although, I was a bit disappointed about the "crawl" part of it because we only stayed at one club. It ended up being a fun night with lots of dancing, running away from creepy guys, and free drinks!
The next day we headed to the beach! I'm pretty sure I didn't get any more tan than I already was since I put sunscreen on like a junkie. We got massages on the beach though and I'm pretty sure that's why I've been so relaxed and have a "go with the flow" attitude. Later that night we went Salsa dancing! It was SO much fun and has given me inspiration to go out and find a salsa class in Geneva. Hopefully I can find one. The seed has been planted!

The following day we split into two groups, one group to go see the city by foot and another to go and see it by bike! I went on the bike tour with my friend Emma. It was a perfect day for a bike tour. It was hot so we were able to produce our own breeze upon our trusted steeds. The bikes were actually really comfortable and easy to ride! We saw most of the city and still had time for some Sangria and sandwiches on the beach!

Later that night we brought Chelsie and Bree and went on a night bike tour! This was a very worthwhile adventure! We saw the other half of the city and learned more about it's history. One of my favorite things about touring cities is how much history I've been learning. European history doesn't get very far in the U.S so it's nice getting a first hand look at the history I missed out on in school.

We saved the shopping for last and spent our final morning touring the shops of Barcelona. This was quite a success as well. I found a wonderful winter coat (I know it's not for a while, but it's cheaper in Spain than anywhere in Switzerland). It's black and a waterproof material sorta... but has a removable vest and hood with a very soft warm red and black plaid lining. I'm very excited about it!

Also, for the sake of completing my European to-do list I did go on a date with a European. It went really well and I'm glad I've made a new friend! We're helping each other on French / English. It's so funny to try to explain what things when one doesn't know the word for it. It's like playing Charades for an entire evening haha.

Next up in Paris Sept 8 - 11 and then Oktoberfest Sept 24 - 26 :-) Oh Europe...

- B

2 comments:

  1. haha i like how far in detail you went about your coat....ohh britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, that sounds like Brittany. Way to keep her straight, Chelsie.

    ReplyDelete