Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Yvoire, France

A Sunday without something to do is a wonderful thing. Especially in Switzerland where you can plan a day trip somewhere at the drop of a hat. As much as I love planning huge trips with everything worked out there is certainly something to be said for spontaneous trips as well! On this particular Sunday 3 of my friends and I decided to meet in Yvoire, France, a medieval village not too far from where I live. They took the boat over from Nyon and I rode my bike. It ended up taking me an hour but should have only taken around 40 minutes. Once we found each other we went on a search for Pizza. I ordered a Vegetarian pizza that was beyond delicious. After lunch we walked around, stopped and got Mars bar / Brownie Gelato and looked in some of the little shops that dot the tiny streets. I'm so excited to go back to this village before the holidays and do some gift shopping!
After touring the village we got back on the boat and went to Nyon. The boat was so crowded and it didn't help that we had to tote my bike around too. It was a very pleasant afternoon and a relatively cheap trip! I'm so lucky to live in such a great area that offers day trips to such wonderful places!

- B

No comments:

Post a Comment