Thursday, November 4, 2010

Copenhagen

Copenhagen was one of those places that I had seen a picture of on a poster advertising a hostel and decided I had to go. It was another city with Canals and water with beautiful buildings and parks. This all proved to be true. It’s also where Hans Christian Anderson lived and wrote and where the famous “Little Mermaid” statue is. Unfortunately, she took a year-long vacation to China so I just got to see a screen with a picture on it of her. Oh well.

When I got to Copenhagen I checked into my hostel and then went exploring. I walked through a park and saw some of the city. Then I didn’t know what else to do. I was meeting a friend later in the day but didn’t know what to do with the time so I did the ultimate touristy thing... got on one of the “Hop on Hop off” buses. Eventually I got to a stop that my friend and I had planned to meet so I hoped off. This was the “postcard” perfect place that I had been looking for. It’s funny whenever I go to a new place I always have an idea of what it should look like or what I’ve seen of it before. I then try to find that place to get some pictures. Ex: Cliffs of Moher in Ireland, The corner Canal thing in Bruges, the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, Eiffel Tower in Paris ect.

After meeting with my friend we went to a museum. It was pretty neat but afterwards I decided to go back to my hostel and do some rather epic relaxing. The next day nothing special happened. I went on two more bus tours with the ticket I had purchased the previous day and then headed back to my hostel. I was really broke for this trip so I didn’t have much money to do well, anything. So I spent the rest of the evening in my hostel on my computer or reading. It was actually nice just to hang out and be by myself. I will say that this trip was really helping me become comfortable in my own skin.


- B



No comments:

Post a Comment