Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Independence Day!

It was another wonderful weekend in Geneva / Nyon! It started off with a party in the Parc with some pretty awesome girls which didn't end until 5:30 am... This is highly unusual for me but not for Geneva night apparently. Saturday I was supposed to have my "date" with my French friend but unfortunately it didn't happen. More on that if you'd like to ask me. Although I must say, it is certainly for the best!

Sunday was super fun! I went into Nyon with my friends Jenn, Chelsie, and our new friend Bastien who's from the Basel area of Switzerland. He was a pretty great guy and we were able to show him a bit of our Nyon. We started off at the Fish where we met another American (this was very exciting for me since it was the 4th of July) an English guy and a Scotish guy. They were pretty cool. Anyway, it started to rain so we stayed and grabbed a drink to wait it out. Also, Bastien thinks I look Irish / Scotish (sweet, and quite accurate since I'm scotch-irish and like everything else but still)
Then we headed into Nyon to walk around. We ended up grabbing some food then renting a paddle boat on the lake. I seriously love the lake! I wish we had thought to go out earlier in the day and bring out suits because we could have jumped into the water. We then decided to rent a boat and go into the lake next Sat for my birthday!
After some quality lake time we headed to the Roman Ruins of Nyon! It was so beautiful and we got to feel as if we were in Rome without really leaving home! Always a good thing :-) We began to talk about all the other things we need to do this summer and even though it's only just started we feel like it'll be over before we know it!
I almost feel as though aupairs or people who are living somewhere for only a year or so get more out of it then the people who live there all the time. It's like you know you're pressed for time and want to experience so much before you have to leave that you do everything! If you're here for a longer time you don't feel so rushed and then push things off or not do them at all. I don't know. Maybe I just feel so rushed to see the world and wish I could postpone the rest of my professional life a bit longer. Although, I guess I could if I wanted to.
So the rest of the summer I would like to do the following (including the things I've already planned to do):
Rent a motor boat on the lake
Go swimming in the lake
Camping (probably Oktoberfest)
Boat trip to Yvoire in France
Visit Bastien near Basel
Lake Parade in Geneve
Rent a bike in Geneve
Salsa dance in Barcelona
Have a Guinness in Ireland

:-) Should be a good time if I can accomplish even half of that list! Next up: Birthday on the lake and then dancing in the streets!!!

C'est la vie,

B

1 comment:

  1. Basel is pretty awesome. I rather enjoyed my overnight there. I'm SO looking forward to spending your Birthday with you love! <3

    ReplyDelete